- Dresses or skirts must be no shorter than 8” from the knee. Dresses and skirts will be measured while a student is sitting with upright posture. A ruler will be used to measure from the end of the knee to the bottom hem or top of the slit in an article of clothing.
- If spandex, yoga style stretch pants, leggings, or any tight fitting garments are worn as pants, a school appropriate top/shirt must be worn that meets the requirement of covering the front and back inseam. No yoga or stretch pants with see-through, mesh material, or cut out material 8” above the knee can be worn.
- Shorts must be no shorter than 8” from the knee. Shorts will be measured with the student standing “flamingo style” with one knee in a chair, measuring from the middle of the knee to the bottom hem or top of the slit. No bicycle shorts, single layer mesh shorts, spandex, or boxers can be worn.
- All holes/deteriorated fabric that are above the knee must be patched with cloth, or have compression shorts, leggings or spandex underneath. Skin should not be visible 8” above the knee. This will be measured in the same fashion as shorts.
- Any clothing that does not cover the stomach, midsection, chest, side, or back is not allowed.
- Tank tops, T-backs, strapless, spaghetti strap shirts, etc. must have at least a 2 inch width (the width of a Cache school ID is 2”). All must fit snug around/under the arms.
- Visible undergarments, panty lines, bra straps, low necklines or any see through apparel is not allowed.
- “Sagging” will not be permitted.
- Hats, hoodies, or any headgear should not be worn inside the buildings, except with principal permission or special occasions.
- Clothing containing a double or inappropriate meaning to include: vulgar, suggestive, political, subversive, sexual, drug or alcohol related, symbols of death, gang related, violent, weapons, or any potentially harmful clothing or accessories ( chains, spikes, hooks, etc) cannot be worn.
- Trench coats, long coats, or any type of outer covering that impedes clear visibility of your attire are not allowed.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Pajama-type clothing, gowns, house shoes, slippers, blankets, robes, etc. are not permitted (some exceptions will be made on special occasions).
- No vulgar tattoos or brandings shall be visible, as they may distract from the learning process.
- Students will not be allowed to have more than three piercings on their face (i.e. nose, eyebrow, below bottom lip) with only a small stud permitted in the piercing. No large objects will be allowed in the piercing.
- Students will not be allowed to possess, wear, use, distribute, or display any sign, symbol, badge, color or other item (including bandanas) that is evident of possible affiliation or membership with a gang.
NOTE: The CMS Dress Code Policy applies to all CMS and CPS events. If you’re in doubt, bring an extra CMS appropriate shirt and/or pair of pants.
Non-compliance with the Dress Code: If a student is out of compliance they will be required to call a parent/guardian. If a change of clothes cannot be obtained quickly, the student will be sent to ISD, until compliant clothing is received. On the third dress code infraction the student will receive ISD and a Major Point. Continued offenses will include extended time in ISD, and/or Suspension until the matter is corrected or resolved. A meeting with the Principal and the students' Parents/Guardian may also be required after repeated offenses.
The CMS administration reserves the right to make additions, changes, or interpretations to this policy, as deemed necessary to promote modesty and safety throughout the school year.